What is a Communication Disorders Assistant?

Aim to Communicate


The use of supportive personnel in the field of communication disorders is increasing. Communicative Disorders Assistants (CDAs) work together with Speech and Language Pathologists to carry out therapy goals for people from all walks of life.  Using specialized training, tools, and techniques, they help transform the lives of individuals and families through effective communication.

Copyright – CDAAC

CDAs have all of the following:

  • A diploma and/or an undergraduate degree, typically in human services or social sciences,
  • A post-graduate CDA diploma or certificate,
  • And, in most cases, prior work or volunteer experience in the field of communication disorders.

Need help?

ATC’s overall objective is to help children of all ages and cultures to reach their full communication, social and academic potential.